Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Scope and Contents The collection consists of three series: Interviews, NEJL historical materials, and Access to Justice materials. The interview collection consists of forty-nine interviews conducted by Johnson as part of his research for the book Justice And Reform: The Formative Years of the American Legal Services Program, first published in 1974 by the Russell Sage Foundation. Justice and Reform is the only comprehensive survey of the history of the Legal Services Program (LSP) within the...
Dates: 1964 - 1974
Dates: 1953 - 1978
Scope and Contents This collection largely comprises John W. Cummiskey’s files related to his activities with the Legal Services Program of the Office of Economic Opportunity (OEO). Materials include correspondence, articles, reports and writings. The bulk of the collection is correspondence related to various issues involving legal services at the OEO. Much of the correspondence is grouped together in folders with multiple correspondents and other material (usually included as enclosures) that relate to a...
Dates: 1957 - 1980
Scope and Contents
This collection contains a draft copy of a report by Patricia Wald that would later be called, "Law and Poverty 1965: A Report to the National Conference on Law and Poverty." In this draft, it is titled, "Legal Problems of the Poor..."
- Legal assistance to the poor -- United States 3
- Legal services -- United States 3
- Legal assistance to the poor 1
- Legal assistance to the poor -- Connecticut -- New Haven 1
- Legal assistance to the poor -- Louisiana -- Baton Rouge 1
- Legal assistance to the poor -- Maryland -- Baltimore 1
- Legal assistance to the poor -- Ohio -- Cleveland 1
- Oral history -- United States 1
- Poverty 1 ∧ less
- American Bar Association 1
- Antioch School of Law 1
- Cahn, Edgar S. 1
- Cahn, Jean 1
- Cummiskey, John 1
- Wald, Patricia M. 1 ∧ less