Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Scope and Contents This collection includes material related to McCalpin's work with LSC, SCLAID, Missouri Legal Aid Society and other legal aid efforts. Also included is material related to his work with international legal aid.
Dates: 1971 - 2009
Scope and Contents This collection consists of Legal Services Corporation (LSC) materials covering such matters as litigation with LSC as defendant, back-up centers, and legislation. Other materials relate to Action for Legal Rights and other legal organizations such as NLADA and Poverty Lawyers for Effective Advocacy. Forms of material include memos, news clippings, journal articles, reports and brochures.The Henry A. Freedman papers are organized into two series: Legal Services Corporation materials and topical...
Dates: 1967 - 2000
Scope and Contents This collection largely comprises John W. Cummiskey’s files related to his activities with the Legal Services Program of the Office of Economic Opportunity (OEO). Materials include correspondence, articles, reports and writings. The bulk of the collection is correspondence related to various issues involving legal services at the OEO. Much of the correspondence is grouped together in folders with multiple correspondents and other material (usually included as enclosures) that relate to a single...
Dates: 1957 - 1980
Scope and Contents The collection includes: The first annual report of the Duke Legal Aid Clinic (1932), along with related documents and drafts and commentary by Robert MacCrate (long-time friend and colleague of Bradway); Duke Legal Aid Clinic Materials: teaching aids and materials used by Bradway in the Duke Clinic and compiled by John Lindsey (1975), they are bound in five volumes and cataloged (KF 337 .N6 B7); Bradway's first but nearly complete "Concise Biography of the American Bar" (1980-82), a history of...
Dates: 1914 - 1985
Dates: 1981 - 1997
Scope and Contents The bulk of this collection includes speeches given at bar association events and award ceremonies. Also included are articles, reports and a transcript of a press conference given in support of the Legal Services Corporation.
Dates: 1974 - 1993
- Legal assistance to the poor -- United States 4
- Legal assistance to the poor 3
- Legal services -- United States 3
- Education 1
- Law -- Study and teaching -- United States 1
- Legal aid -- Clinical education 1
- Legal assistance to the poor -- Missouri 1
- War on Poverty 1 ∧ less
- Legal Services Corporation 4
- Office of Economic Opportunity. Legal Services Program 2
- Bradway, John S. (John Saeger), 1890-1985 1
- California Rural Legal Assistance Foundation 1
- Cummiskey, John 1
- Duke University 1
- Freedman, Henry A. 1
- Legal Services Program. Vail Conference 1
- McCalpin, William 1
- National Association of Legal Aid Organizations (U.S.) 1
- National Legal Aid and Defender Association 1
- Poverty Lawyers for Effective Advocacy 1
- Reginald Heber Smith Community Lawyer Fellowship Program 1
- Smith, William Reece, 1925- 1
- University of Pennsylvania. Law School 1
- Von Briesen, Arthur 1 ∧ less