Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Scope and Contents This collection consists of Legal Services Corporation (LSC) materials covering such matters as litigation with LSC as defendant, back-up centers, and legislation. Other materials relate to Action for Legal Rights and other legal organizations such as NLADA and Poverty Lawyers for Effective Advocacy. Forms of material include memos, news clippings, journal articles, reports and brochures.The Henry A. Freedman papers are organized into two series: Legal Services Corporation materials and topical...
Dates: 1967 - 2000
Scope and Contents Scope and content note: The NLADA collection came to the NEJL in several accessions and covers the time period from about 1975 until 2005. Most of the processed materials document the work of the Legal Services Corporation, and cooperation between the LSC and the NLADA, as well as the development of regional legal services organizations arranged by state. Additional accessions, which cover the organizational history of the NLADA, and the work of the civil and defender divisions, are currently...
Dates: 1975 - 2000
Scope and Contents This collection comprises issues of PAG Update including accompanying mailings; materials covering PAG's 25th and 30th anniversaries, including letters of congratulations from many legal services organizations and individuals; and issues of NLADA Update.
Dates: 1981 - 2002
Scope and Contents The collection includes predominantly materials documenting Richard Wilson's work as the director of the Defender Division at the NLADA from 1980-1985, including a variety of reports evaluating local, regional and federal defender systems in the United States. It also includes conference papers, testomonies, and documentation related to two court cases related to the right to effective counsel in criminal proceedings: United States v. Harrison P. Cronic, 466 U.S. 648 (1984), and James Harris...
Dates: 1973 - 1992
- Legal services -- United States 4
- Legal assistance to the poor 2
- Public defenders -- United States 2
- Education 1
- Indigent defense -- United States 1
- Legal Services Corporation 3
- Office of Economic Opportunity. Legal Services Program 2
- Reginald Heber Smith Community Lawyer Fellowship Program 2
- American Bar Association 1
- Equal Justice Works 1
- Freedman, Henry A. 1
- Legal Services Program. Vail Conference 1
- Legal Services Project Advisory Group 1
- Loines, Dwight 1
- National Association fo IOLTA Programs, Inc. 1
- Office of Economic Opportunity. Project Advisory Group 1
- Poverty Lawyers for Effective Advocacy 1
- Rosenthal, Simon 1
- Shestack, Jerome 1
- Wilson, Richard 1 ∧ less